As a leading renewable energy company, environmental responsibility and sustainability are core elements of CSUN's business philosophy and are implemented at every company level.
- CSUN's production facilities are certified according to the environmental standard ISO 14001.
- A stringent management system is in place throughout the company, including research and development, production, manufacturing and marketing, to minimize the impact on the environment.
- CSUN invests significant resources to reduce pollution generated during the production process, successfully reducing the unit consumption of water, electricity and gas by 33%, 17% and 30% respectively.
- CSUN takes care of its employees and works closely with government bureaus to ensure compliance with regulations regarding workplaces, health and safety.
- CSUN complies with GRI standard for sustainability reporting.
All PV module producers (manufacturers and importers) based in the EU must comply with Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations. CSUN is a member of PV Cycle, an European organisation responsible for WEEE-compliant PV module take-back and recycling. This is not only a benefit for our customers, but also to our environment: The majority of raw materials used in PV modules, especially the main components glass and aluminium, can be recovered to improve resource efficiency and reduce waste.
Owners of photovoltaic systems with CSUN modules can dispose of them free of charge after their product lifetime. Generally, small numbers of modules will be transported to collection points by the module owner. Larger numbers (>40 modules) will be picked up on-site. For more information and to find collection points close to you, please visit www.pvcycle.org.